If you intend to fish during colder weather but are concerned about not having proper gloves, you have come to the right place. After reading this article, you will have a better understanding of which fishing gloves to purchase.
As the ice forms on the lakes and ponds, the angler in all of us emerges. We think about the different techniques we can use to land that big one.
When it comes to ice fishing, one of the worst things is having cold hands. The cold weather can make it difficult to enjoy your ice fishing trip, but with the right ice fishing gloves, you can stay comfortable and enjoy your time on the ice.
What Fishing Gloves Are You Supposed To Wear?
One of the most important things to consider when ice fishing type of gloves you will use. The best ice fishing gloves are neoprene and designed to keep your hands warm in cold weather.
They must be waterproof and windproof, and they should have a good grip so that you can hold onto your fishing rod. They should also be comfortable so you can wear them for long periods.
And after I did my research on the best ice fishing gloves, I found that the best option for you is the KastKing Mountain Mist Fishing Gloves.
They are the best fishing gloves because of the finger holes, fleece lining, and smart-phone-friendly design that allow you to use your phone while fishing.
And definitely, there are some other options available that you can consider for your next ice fishing trip. So let’s look at some of the best pairs of fishing gloves.
Top 10 Best Fishing Gloves For Cold Weather
Reasons I Think KastKing Gloves Are The Best
If I make a checklist of all the important factors that a good pair of fishing gloves must have, KastKing Mountain Mist Fishing Gloves will have a check in every box.
- Snug fit - check
- Palm grip - check
- Windproof and water-resistant - check
- Affordable - check
What Else Could We Ask For?
There are several benefits to owning these gloves -
- The first and foremost reason is that it provides warmth and insulation against cold weather. The neoprene outer shell is also water-resistant to keep you warm and dry.
- The three-finger design gives you the dexterity to tie knots and handle your fish. The palm grip is also textured to give you a better grip on your rod.
And the icing on the cake? They are very affordable, which is a great deal considering all the features it offers. You will not regret buying these gloves, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good pair of ice fishing gloves.
- Fleece lining provides warmth even at 20-30 degrees.
- Adjustable hook and loop cuff for a snug fit.
- Anti-skid palm grip for better grip and smartphone-friendly fingertips.
- Some reviews mentioned the gloves got a little loose after a while.
- Some people also complained about the gloves not keeping their hands warm in extreme conditions.
What Makes NeoSport A Good Alternative?
Maybe you need more than winter gloves, something that can withstand icy waters?
In that case, you need a pair of NeoSport Neoprene Wetsuit Gloves. These full-finger gloves are designed for divers, so you know they can withstand cold waters.
Just like a wetsuit, they're made of gator elastic. These gloves also feature a hook and loop closure that helps keep water out.
The gator elastic material is a unique feature that helps keep these gloves in place. It also provides uniformity in the fit, so you don't have to worry about the gloves slipping off.
The extra gripping material on the palms is also a great feature that gives you a better grip on your rod.
And even though they don't have finger holes, it doesn't restrict your dexterity when fishing, tying knots, or whatever else you need to do.
- Neoprene Material
- Hook and loop wrist closure
- Gator elastic material
- Extra gripping material on the palms
- Gator elastic material provides a uniform fit and prevents slipping
- Great insulation against the cold weather
- They don't have a water-repellent coating, so they may not be water-resistant.
- They lack finger holes, which might limit your dexterity.
- However, they are still a great pair of gloves, and they will keep your hands warm in cold weather.
Why Should You Consider Bassdash Gloves?
These pro gloves are an excellent option if you want gloves for fly fishing. The velcro closure helps keep the gloves in place, and the finger holes allow you to tie knots and swap flies easily.
They are also water resistant and have a microfiber lining to keep you comfortable while fishing. Plus, the synthetic leather material proved durable and provides a great grip on the right areas.
Plus, these gloves fit just great. They are also breathable and lightweight, which is great if you need to wear them for long periods.
- Polyester material
- Neoprene cuff with plush fleece lining
- Finger holes on the thumb, index, and middle finger
- Slip-proof and waterproof material
- Adjustable hook and loop closure
- Highly insulated and comfortable
- The cuff length is bit short
- The gloves are not designed for full immersion in water
What Do I Like The Most About Glacier Gloves?
When researching these gloves, I found they are great neoprene gloves to use in cold weather, especially when you want gloves for ice fishing.
They are one of the warmest gloves on the list and proven to keep your hands warm and dry even when wet in ice-cold water.
Though they are a bit clunky and bulky, they are good for fishing, as they feature pre-curved fingers and 2mm fleece lining. These 100% waterproof gloves are the ultimate ice armor for your hands.
Many people didn't like that these neoprene fishing gloves are a bit too bulky and cumbersome. Still, many agreed that they are very durable and warm, and finding the perfect fit can eliminate the clunkiness.
- Warm even when wet
- Slip-on design for easy on and off
- Some people complained they could be a bit clunky
- They may not fit as snugly as some of the other gloves on the list
- Snags on items
Why I Put Fish Monkey Gloves On The List?
The foremost reason to put these gloves on this list is that they are the best winter fishing gloves. They are made of heavy-duty material and provide solid insulation in extremely cold conditions.
The gloves are also touch screen compatible (only index finger), 100% water and windproof, and feature Thinsulate and cotton insulation on the back and palm. The gloves are extremely durable and have a great grip, durability, and comfort.
These gloves are my top choice for cold-weather fishing (for extremely cold temperatures.) Also, these are one of the best waterproof fishing gloves on the market.
- Goat leather/ Thinsulate material
- Heavy-duty gloves with excellent insulation
- Pull-on design with reinforced wrist straps
- 100% waterproof HIPORA membrane coated
- Comfy plush inner layer with 3m Thinsulate coating on back and palm
- Heavy-duty insulation for extremely cold conditions
- Touch screen compatible index finger
- Wrist straps provide an adjustable fit
- They are pricy and a bit too heavy for some people.
- Some people found they are not as comfortable as other options.
Why Do I Put Palmyth On The List?
This will be a good choice if you are looking for a good pair of gloves for fishing in mildly cold weather. The grip on these gloves is excellent, and the material is highly breathable and comfortable.
The flip-over finger holes allow for better dexterity, and the adjustable hook and loop wrist closure provides a snug and comfortable fit. The bottom line is that these are good gloves for fishing in mildly cold weather, but they are not waterproof and not meant for extreme cold weather.
Take note these gloves don't feature a waterproof coati
- Faux leather material
- Flip over three finger-hole design
- Adjustable hook and loop wrist closure
- Come with one of the best grips on the market
- Highly breathable and comfortable material
- Flip-over finger holes allow better dexterity
- Don't work in extremely cold weather
- Only water resistant and not waterproof
Best Of The Rest
- Nylon – spandex material
- Nitrile/polyurethane outer coating
- Snug and comfortable fit
- Highly sensitive grip
- Solid weather protection
- The elastic cuff is not as durable as some of the other gloves.
- It may stretch and tear over time.
Reasons I Put The Offshore Angler On This List
These gloves aren’t the warmest gloves on the list, but they come with a great grip that will keep you safe while fishing and handling minute objects and tools. And they are affordable and durable.
The material is really comfortable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear, and the nitrile/PU coating is a great feature to keep your palms free from blisters and lesions. If you have sensitive skin, these are the best gloves for you.
- Specialized in braid casting
- Kevlar finger protector design
- Effective in protecting cuts
- Comfortable and fit snugly over the finger
- Best for surf fishing and casting
- These are surf fishing gloves and are not typically used for cold-weather and ice fishing.
- Unlike other fingerless gloves, these don’t prevent cold air from reaching your fingers.
If These Aren’t For Cold Weather Fishing, Why Are Aquaskinz On This List?
You may wonder why these gloves are on the list if they aren’t for cold-weather fishing. The answer is simple; these gloves are the best fingerless gloves for surf fishing.
They are made of Kevlar, which is a high-strength synthetic fiber, and they fit snugly and comfortably over the finger. They are also breathable, so your fingers won’t get sweaty, and they provide good grip and dexterity.
Many people have tried them in mildly cold weather, and they worked just as well, so they are versatile enough to be used in different conditions.
The bottom line is that these are the best fingerless gloves for surf fishing, and if you are looking for a good pair of gloves for fishing, you can’t go wrong with these.
- Faux leather/ PU material
- Half fingers flip over the mitten design
- 3m Thinsulate insulation
- Features silicone palm for better grip over ice
- Flip-over finger holes allow better versatility in cold weather
- Wrist closure keeps cold air out
- Non-water-resistant gloves
- Some users complained they are a bit on the heavier and clunky side
Palmyth Convertible Gloves Are On Number Nine. Why Should You Still Consider It?
I wasn’t impressed with these gloves while researching unless I saw positive reviews about how they provide extra dexterity in cold weather.
I have to say that I’m impressed with the design of the fingerless gloves that allow you to flip over the finger holes. This is a great feature because it allows you to freely rig baits and lures without removing gloves.
Additionally, the adjustable hook and loop wrist closure provides a snug and comfortable fit that keeps cold air out.
These are good gloves for those looking for a little extra dexterity in their gloves.
- Electrically powered heating gloves
- 7.4v rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Three heating modes
- 3m Thinsulate insulation and water resistance exterior
- Up to 8 hours of battery life for prolonged heating
- Water-resistant material for winter fishing gloves
- Good heating output
- These are only water resistant and not waterproof
- It is hard to repair them if they stop working
- Too pricy for common use
Why Are Ororo Gloves The Last Spot?
If this were a list of the best gloves for fishing in terms of warmth, these would be at the top. However, these gloves are not meant for everyone because of the price and the fact that they are not waterproof.
They may get damaged easily and are hard to repair, so if you are looking for gloves that will last you a long time, these are not the gloves for you.
But if you are looking for gloves that will keep your hands warm in the coldest weather, these are the gloves for you.
How To Choose The Best Fishing Gloves In The Market?
In this section, I will guide you on how to choose the best ice fishing gloves. Ice fishing gloves are not like any other gloves; they have to withstand cold temperatures and provide good dexterity.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the best ice fishing gloves:
1. Material Of The Gloves
The first thing you need to consider is the material of the glove. Gloves made of waterproof and windproof materials are ideal for ice fishing.
They will keep your hands dry and warm in the coldest weather. Leather and neoprene are two of the best materials for ice fishing gloves.
2. Type Of Closure
Another thing you need to consider is the type of closure. Gloves that have a Velcro closure or a drawstring closure are ideal for ice fishing.
They will keep your hands warm and dry in the coldest weather. Gloves with a wrist closure keep cold air from getting into the gloves and provide a snug fit.
3. Level Of Comfort
The next thing you need to consider is the level of comfort. Fishing gloves must protect your hands from blisters and chafing. They should also be comfortable to wear for long periods.
The gloves should be breathable to prevent your hands from getting sweaty, and they should also be easy to put on and take off.
Materials like microfiber or fleece are good for ice fishing gloves because they are easy to put on and take off. Besides, the gloves should have a good grip so you can keep a firm hold on your fishing rod.
Fishing gloves are subjected to harsh conditions when you are ice fishing. They need to withstand cold temperatures and wet conditions.
The gloves should be durable enough to last for multiple seasons. Materials like neoprene or leather are good for ice fishing gloves because they are durable and last for multiple seasons.
Which Fishing Gloves Will You Choose For This Cold Season?
Now that we have covered our top 10 picks for the best fishing gloves and the things to consider when choosing the best fishing gloves, it is time to make your decision.
Which fishing gloves will you choose? Will you choose gloves that are warm and waterproof? Or will you choose gloves that are lightweight and breathable?
If you are looking for the best gloves for ice fishing, I recommend you get yourself a pair of the KastKing Mountain Mist Fishing Gloves – they are people’s choice (as well as Amazon’s Choice) and are perfect for cold weather.
If you are looking for 100% waterproof, heavy-duty gloves, then Fish Monkey YETI gloves are a good option, as they are extremely warm and waterproof.
Whatever gloves you choose, ensure they fit well and provide the level of warmth and protection you need for a successful day of ice fishing.