If you’re a greenhouse owner, you know the importance of keeping track of the temperature inside your greenhouse. It’s an essential tool for tracking temperatures. We will recommend some of the best greenhouse thermometers on the market and provide reviews of each one.
We’ll also give you a buyer’s guide to help you choose the suitable thermometer for your needs. So whether you’re looking for an essential thermometer or one with all the bells and whistles, we’ve got you covered!
7 Best Greenhouse Thermometers 2022 – At A Glance
- Temp Stick WiFi Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- Ambient Weather WS-10 Wireless Thermo-Hygrometer
- AcuRite 01083 Pro Accuracy Temperature and Humidity Monitor
- Taylor Wired Digital Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer
- SensorPush Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer.
- N/W Brass Swivel Thermometer/Hygrometer, Weather thermometers
- Taylor Indoor Outdoor Thermometer, Indoor Outdoor Thermometer with Large Numbers
How Do I Choose The Best Greenhouse Thermometer?
There are a few things to remember when choosing the best greenhouse thermometer for your needs. Here are some of the most important factors to consider:
Different Levels Of Weatherproofing:
- Level one weatherproofing: The thermometer can withstand light rain and snow.
- Level two weatherproofing: The thermometer can withstand heavy rain and snow.
- Level three weatherproofing: The thermometer is waterproof and can be submerged in water.
Maximum/Minimum Temperature Readings
Some thermometers only take maximum readings, while others handle both maximum and minimum readings. If you want to track the high and low temperatures in your greenhouse, choose a thermometer that takes both types of readings.
LCD Digital Displays
Some thermometers have LCD digital displays that show the temperature, while others do not. Choose a thermometer with an LCD display if you want to see the temperature without opening the greenhouse door.
Some thermometers only measure temperature, while others also measure humidity. If you want to track the humidity levels in your greenhouse, choose a thermometer with a humidity monitor.
Benefits Of Greenhouse Thermometers
There are many benefits to using a greenhouse thermometer.
- For one, it can help you keep your plants healthy. For example, if the temperature inside your greenhouse gets too hot or too cold, your plants can suffer.
- A thermometer can also help you save money on your energy bill. You can avoid wasting energy by keeping the temperature inside your greenhouse at the perfect level.
- And finally, a greenhouse thermometer can help you extend the growing season for your plants. By monitoring the temperature inside your greenhouse, you can ensure that your plants get the ideal growth conditions.
So if you’re looking to get the most out of your greenhouse, a thermometer is a must-have!
7 Best Greenhouse Thermometers 2022
- No add-on gateway to buy
- Complete system
- Text or Email Alerts
- Easy Setup
- Supports multiple sensors
- No Extra Fees
- Battery Life
- Reported delayed data
- Alarm system
- Multiple sensors
- Transmission range of 300 feet
- Records maximum and minimum temperatures by the second
- It displays only four sensor data at a time.
- In addition, the display has to be placed within the transmission range of the sensor.
- Accurate readings of temperature and humidity
- Has an air comfort indicator to monitor humidity indoors
- Requires batteries
- small numbers
- Large Display
- Min-Max Temperature recall
- Different mounting options
- No WIFI drops
- Limited 10ft of the sensor probe wire
- Easy to set up.
- Long battery life.
- USA support
- Logger for Data
- Bluetooth only.
- No IFTT
- No batteries
- High Accuracy
- Easy calibration
- Vintage look
- Must be installed in a shady spot with airflow
- Minimum and maximum temperature with recall
- Support based in the USA
- Easy To Read
- 200ft Wireless Sensor Range
- Cannot add additional sensors
Greenhouse Thermometer Terms
Room Humidity Gauge
A room humidity gauge is a device that measures the relative humidity in a room.
A hygrometer is an instrument used to measure humidity.
A humidity meter is a device that measures the amount of water vapor in the air and displays a humidity percentage. Humidity meters can be used to measure both indoor and outdoor humidity.
A humidity level indicator is an essential tool for greenhouse owners. It helps you monitor the relative humidity in your greenhouse and ensure it stays within the desired range.
A temperature monitor is a device that displays the current temperature.
An indoor thermometer is a device that measures the temperature inside a building.
A wireless thermometer is a device that uses radio waves to communicate with a base station. The base station then displays the current temperature.
Types Of Greenhouse Thermometers Mentioned In This Guide
Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometers And Hygrometers
When choosing a suitable greenhouse thermometer, there are a few different options. One of the most popular types of thermometers is the wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer and hygrometer. These thermometers allow you to track the temperature and humidity levels inside and outside your greenhouse. This can be especially helpful if you create a specific climate for your plants.
There are various wireless indoor/outdoor thermometers and hygrometers on the market, so deciding which one is right for you can be tricky. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for one of these thermometers:
- Temperature range: Make sure the thermometer has a wide range of temperatures that it can measure.
- Humidity readings: The thermometer should also be able to read humidity levels.
- Weatherproof: If you need a monitor that will be outdoors, ensure the thermometer is weatherproof.
- Transmission range: The transmission range is how far away the thermometer can send its readings. Ensure it has a long enough transmission range to track your house’s temperature and humidity levels.
Traditional Analog Greenhouse Thermometer
Thermometers come in two varieties: traditional and Wireless models. Traditional thermometers are the more straightforward analog liquid or big numbers for readings. They are used to measure the temperature of a greenhouse, and they typically do not have any other features. This is an excellent affordable option when starting.
Wired Indoor/Outdoor Thermometers And Hygrometers
Wired indoor/outdoor thermometers and hygrometers are popular choices for greenhouses. They allow you to track the temperature and humidity levels inside and outside your greenhouse. This is particularly useful if you’re attempting to provide your plants with the ideal conditions.
There are various wired indoor/outdoor thermometers and hygrometers on the market, so deciding which one is right for you can be tricky. However, when looking for a digital thermometer, there are a few things to bear in mind:
- Temperature range: Ensure the thermometer has a broad temperature range that can measure.
- Humidity readings: The thermometer should also detect humidity levels.
- Weatherproof: Ensure the thermometer is weatherproof so it can be used outdoors.
- Transmission range: The transmission range is how far away the thermometer can send its readings. Ensure that the product you choose has a long transmitting range to monitor the temperature and humidity from indoors.
- Battery life: Make sure the thermometer has a long battery life so you don’t have to worry about running out of power while monitoring your greenhouse.
When choosing a wired indoor/outdoor thermometer or hygrometer, it is essential to consider the range of temperatures it can measure and its humidity readings. You should also ensure that the thermometer is weatherproof and has a long enough transmission range. Additionally, it is essential to consider the battery life of the thermometer.
Max Min Greenhouse Thermometer
The Max-Min Greenhouse Thermometer is a wireless thermometer compatible with most climate controllers. It has a temperature range of -58 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit and can read humidity levels up to 99%. It has a transmission range of up to 300 feet and uses two AAA batteries.
To keep your greenhouse plants healthy, they must know the maximum and minimum temperatures they can tolerate. By monitoring the temperature in your greenhouse, you can ensure that the plants are not subjected to any extreme temperatures that could damage them.
The Max-Min Greenhouse Thermometer is an accurate and reliable thermometer perfect for monitoring greenhouses for minimum and maximum temperatures. Its wide temperature range makes it suitable for various climates, and its wireless design allows you to track the temperature from a distance. Additionally, its long battery life ensures you won’t worry about running out of power while using it.
Greenhouse Weather Stations
A greenhouse weather station is a great way to track your greenhouse’s temperature, humidity, and other conditions. These weather stations typically include a thermometer, hygrometer, anemometer, and barometer. Some also have a
Greenhouse weather stations are an excellent choice for serious greenhouse growers who want the most accurate information about the conditions in their greenhouse. You can ensure that your plants get the perfect environment by monitoring the temperature, humidity, and other greenhouse conditions.
There are various greenhouse weather stations on the market, so choosing one that includes all the features you need is vital. Make sure to consider the size of your greenhouse and the number of plants before selecting a weather station.
A thermometer that measures an object’s temperature using infrared radiation is known as an infrared thermometer. Because it is a non-contact thermometer, it can determine the object’s temperature without physically touching it.
Measuring the temperature of the surface on which a plant is grown. This temperature can be important for plants that are sensitive to cold temperatures, as it can help to protect them from cold damage. This ensures that your plants are not subjected to frigid temperatures.
So if you want to find plant temperature or need a soil thermometer with accurate readings on your plant’s surface, then infrared thermometers are for you.
A greenhouse thermometer is necessary for any gardener who wants to keep their plants healthy. Not all thermometers are created equal, however, and it’s essential to do your research before purchasing one.
Regarding greenhouse thermometers, the Temp Stick WiFi Temperature and Humidity Sensor is our top pick. It is accurate and easy to use, making it the perfect choice for any gardener.
We recommend the SensorPush Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer if you’re on a budget. It’s compact, budget-friendly, and connects to SensorPush sensors via Bluetooth.
Should I Buy A Digital Greenhouse Thermometer Or A Spirit Thermometer?
Digital greenhouse thermometers are more accurate than spirit thermometers. Unfortunately, they also tend to be more expensive. We recommend getting a digital thermometer if you need a reliable temperature reading.
Where Is The Best Place To Place A Greenhouse Thermometer?
The best place to put your greenhouse thermometer is in the shade and out of direct sunlight. It should also be away from heat sources, such as vents or fans. You want an accurate reading, so placing the thermometer in the ideal location is vital.
What Is The Ideal Greenhouse Temperature And Humidity?
The ideal greenhouse temperature is between 80-87 degrees Fahrenheit. The perfect humidity level is between 70 to 80%. Above that is high humidity, and the thermometer sensors should flag it, so mold or fungi do not grow on your plants.
However, these levels will vary depending on what you are growing in your greenhouse. Some plants prefer higher or lower temperatures and humidity levels. Research the plants you are growing to find their ideal conditions.